Twitter

Friday, October 04, 2013

Proposal: Yearly Elections

Our mayoral elections are scheduled for October 22nd, in another 3 weeks.

Is it coincidence that the street cleaners are out every day, from early morning to late at night?

Is it coincidence that the city workers are like busy bumble bees, cutting down overgrown branches, replacing old trash dumpsters and generally keeping things hopping?

Actually, I like our present mayor and intend to vote for him. But really, does he actually think that no one in town has figured this out? This is, I believe, my fifth municipal elections in Tzfat and every single election, it's the same charade. Oh well, it's a town rooted in tradition.....

In other local news, I finally got the city vet to agree to come over last night and listen to the dogs who bark all night at the top of the stairs. He promised that as soon as they start barking (which they do intermittently throughout the night) he'd call the police and they'd cart them away.

Anyone who knows me is aware that I mean no harm to any animal, but I don't think that it's right that the neighbors should be terrorized like this. The dogs' owner is a jerk who once told me "I prefer to hear dogs bark than people" as he justified leaving his dogs outside throughout the night.

Anyway, by 11:00p.m. I noticed that it was unusually quiet so I walked up the stairs and, for the first time in years, the house light was on and the dog's owner (or crony...there's some young guy who lives there part-time) was telling the dogs to be quiet. Coincidence huh? I'm sure that someone tipped the owner off, but I have no idea who. (Actually, I do, but it's not nice to speculate).

Now what? At least I notified the vet not to come before he showed up and stood around while I looked like a fool. 

 

No comments: