Twitter

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Only in Israel

Ever since I first came to Israel, I've always heard the phrase "only in Israel." Never by Israelis, you understand, who take these idiocincricies of our country for granted, but by olim who never fail to be amazed at the ways that this country is so special.

I've lived in Israel for 30 years and I still get choked up when I think of the unique ways that the people in Israel express their Judaism, their love of Israel and their relationships with each other.

Evidently I'm not the only person....I just came across a Facebook group today with that exact title, "Only in Israel." And there are multiple posts every day.

I come from America and Americans are generally thought of as a friendly and easy-going group, but there's no way that any of these things would ever happen in America. We have a unique place here.


No comments: