Twitter

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Summer 2013 in Safed

Ah, it's been awhile. No, I haven't fallen off a cliff, but have been super busy with work, family and all sorts of other day-to-day issues of life.

Every week I start out on Sunday thinking to myself "THIS week I don't have anything to do except buckle down and work" and every week something comes up -- the car needs to be taken into the garage (my daughter's car you understand, not even my car, but...whatever), someone gets sick, someone needs assistance, etc.

This week I started the process early -- as I was taking my dogs for their Friday night walk we came upon 2 puppies who had been stuck up on someone's roof. People who were walking by said that they had been up there since the afternoon.

Nu, what do you do? Since I knew that, if I walked away, I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway, I found a young boy who shimmied up to the roof and handed the pups to me.

I did call the vet on Sunday morning to see if anyone had reported them missing but I wasn't exactly surprised when he said no. so this week has been dedicated to remembering why I prefer older, sedate dogs, rather than crazy puppies. 
I actually found a home for the yellowish scottish-terrier-type girl and the second one will, if all goes well, head off to a new home tomorrow. Both good homes and I'm pleased and relieved. And, truth to be told, a little sad. I mean, yes, they're a pain in the butt, but they're so cute. 

Otherwise, all is plodding along. I had a ton of work last month from one of my writing jobs but it seems to have slowed down a bit, which is good because I need to pay more attention to some of the other work that has been waiting for me. And I had a lovely young woman stay for a month in my guestroom. One of these days I'll have to think about the possibility of building another room on my roof -- both as a second guestroom and to accommodate my growing family .... my middle daughter is engaged everyone comes home a lot, which is great, but they expect a place to stay. I don't really want to take on another loan but it would be an investment. Ah, six of one, half dozen of another.

The weather has been great, making me feel even worse about the horrible weather that is being experienced in other parts of the world. I guess one just has to enjoy what you have while you have it. 


No comments: