Twitter

Monday, January 14, 2013

Vivid Dreams

Woke up this morning to a dream so vivid that it took me awhile to figure out if I had dreamed it (dreamt it?) or it was real. Basically, i was interacting with a person that I can created in my imagination, but the creation was so real that I couldn't come to grips, when I woke up, that the person didn't really exist.

Bizarre.

I guess that that's what happens when you start waking up late. I go to sleep at midnight, but can't get out of bed until 8:00a.m., which is way late for me. I like getting an early start, but at night I can't bring myself to finish whatever I'm doing and get the proper amount of sleep.

By 9:00a.m. I was taking my daughter to school -- I usually refuse, because I don't want to turn into a chauffeur service, but she was late and she had a test and had studied and wanted to do well and....well, what parent can resist that?

I figured that, at the same time, I'd get some shopping done -- Monday is usually my day for my big weekly shop. Somehow, in the supermarket, my cart got mixed up with someone else's cart and I ended up at the check-out counter with half of my stuff and half of his (unfortunately, I know that it was a "him" because an elderly man came up to me while I was shopping and asked if I had taken his cart, but by then I'd been using it for awhile and all the rest of my stuff was in it, so I said "no, of course not."  Yup.

Once I figured that some of my purchases were missing, I ran back to the fruit and veggie section and found my original cart, but by then I'd already paid for a good portion of this other guy's stuff, so I came home with a lot more than I needed. It's going to be "share with the neighbors" time.

And it's not even 11:00a.m. yet. It's gonna be a LONG day. 


No comments: