Twitter

Sunday, November 11, 2012

True Confessions...

of a lady of a "certain age" who's learned a few things
  • I love it when the store is out of 1% milk. Then I can buy the 3% without feeling guilty.
  • I have 2 dogs with zero nighttime bladder control in the wintertime. 'Nuff said.
  • I have 2 daughters with ADHD. They say that it's genetic. I think that I know where it's coming from
  • Just saw our local mongoose family again this morning, this time with someone else. You'd think that I had taken a trip to the zoo.
  • There is nothing more obnoxious than someone who doesn't have anything else that occupies her time and spends her time worrying about the things that are occupying her neighbors' time. 'Nuff said. 
  • Why is it that when you know something intellectually, it doesn't always transfer to your emotional knowledge. Like, although I know that when my daughter walks around dressed like she's out at the beach for a day, I should just shut up and ignore it because if I don't, i'll drive her further away. But sometimes I just can't help myself, and then I kick myself later. Which brings me to...
  • I was never sorry when, in doubt, I kept my mouth shut. Never said to myself "wow, I wish that I would have spoken out." Not once. On the other hand, the reverse.....yup, lots of times.  
  • God runs the world. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to ask Him a few questions though. 
  • if you ever can't figure out what to make for Shabbat, start frying up onions and garlic. Something will come to mind.  
  • Vegetarianism and veganism make total sense to me. So why can't I do it?
  • Did I drive my mother up the wall like this when I was 16?
  • I would very much like to say to myself "I deserve a vacation" and go and blow a few thousand shekels without worrying about wasting money. I don't seem to be able to do it, but I'd like to.

No comments: