Twitter

Monday, November 05, 2012

Days of Leisure

As of November 1st I am a Lady of Leisure -- relatively speaking. I left my secure job with the Livnot U'Lehibanot non-profit and am trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

Hmmmmm

I'm nervous, curious, anxious, excited -- don't know what will happen, but I've been speaking to some people about some interesting projects and ideas, and I have six months (unemployment insurance) to make something happen. It was suggested to me that I should have found something FIRST, and then left my job, but honestly, I just never had any time to do anything when I was holding down a full-time job. And also, now I have to make it happen.

Spent 2 hours this morning walking around town, taking photos so I'll have archived photos of Tzfat to send to websites when I write articles about Tzfat. That's a niche that I am getting into....promoting Tzfat. I also spoke to someone today about developing my own little website and to work with them to draw more visitors to the city. The official Tzfat English website is a joke, so there's definitely room for some improvement in pulling Tzfat into the 21st century.

Another avenue that I'm exploring is developing my little guesthouse more -- it's been running now for over six years, but I often had to turn people away because I just couldn't get home in time to clean it from the last guests and get it ready for the next people. In addition to the income, I love meeting some of the people who come and stay with me. It's fascinating hearing about their travels, their impressions of Israel, their own lives. And I have really developed some great friendships as well -- next week there's a lady coming from South Africa with her two sons...she stayed with me last year, alone, and is now bringing her sons to experience Tzfat. I'm kind of honored that she wants to return here!

In the meantime, the dogs are getting two walks every day instead of just one.
Penny
Mica

 


No comments: