Twitter

Friday, May 25, 2012

Shavouth 2012 -- Arteries, alert!

This year, for the first time that I can remember, Shavouth comes out on a Saturday night, meaning that I will be well-rested and can actually go out to some of the classes that are taking place all night long. Will take my excitement where I can find it.

And, in case anyone was worried about the menu.......ta-da! 


Friday night:
Chili (plus small pot of veggie chili for vegetarian)
baked potatos
potato/spinach wraps (freezer section of the supermarket -- have to be honest)
sweet potato casserole
salads

Saturday lunch
chicken
rice pilaf
Mixed vegetables
HOMEMADE BASIL PASTA
 salads

Shavouth night
Cannolini (homemade pasta noodles!!!) filled with spinach and cheese
halumi cheese (breaded and sauteed) salad
sweet potato kugel (daughter prepared)

Shavouth day
raviolli (another freezer section entree)
blintzes
tabouli salad

homemade challahs
salads: avocado
              matboucha (tomato)
              eggplant
              hummos
cheesecake!
goat's cheese ice cream (!!!!)

Need I say more?  I am SO looking forward to the next few days.

          


No comments: