Twitter

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Visitors






My brother, wife and their two boys have come to visit for a few days. Really sweet kids, though I simply don't remember that kind of energy and endless....um....enthusiasm(?) from my kids when they were little. Maybe because they're too BOYS, close in age, but they're too little bundles of energy. The dogs, who have gotten used to a rather staid house of quiet (mostly) don't seem to know what to do with themselves.

Anyway, even though Tzfat doesn't have a lot for kids to do here (and that's an underestimation) I guess that between digging up the yard a bit and following the dogs around the house, they had a good time.

We made a barbeque last night. Something about barbequed meat....though I have to remember that fresh ground beef just doesn't stick together well on a grill. This isn't the first time that I've noted that, but, of course, I keep forgetting, and then we peel the barbequed meat off the grill top. It's still good of course (actually, even better) but some things work out better after they're defrosted.

I've been writing articles at night for a company called Demand Studios for awhile. This morning I got a message that they'd terminated me -- two of my articles were too similar, and that violated their "plagiarism" code. I had used some of the same research in both articles ("Things to do in Scarcy Arkansas") and I was told that I had "duplicated content". Sigh. I really hadn't meant to duplicate anything, just to use the same basic research for both articles, but it was still a bit of a shock. I do count on that income. On the other hand, maybe it's one of those "blessings in disguise" that will push me to find something a bit more satisfying and creative. You always read about people who lose a job or something and find that it pushed them to expand their horizons -- maybe me too?

One never knows. In the meantime.....I'm doing some research.

No comments: