Twitter

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tel Aviv

Trip to Tel Aviv yesterday to see Ariel, eldest daughter and one of Tel Aviv's biggest fans.

I started off being impressed that the bus driver delayed the bus's departure while a young woman ran to the bathroom. That was nice of him, I thought.

Ha. Halfway to Tel Aviv, we stopped at a rest stop to use the facilities and get some coffee. I was the last one in line to get my coffee (I wouldn't have been, but someone pushed ahead of me and, well, being the nice American that I am....) and -- the bus took off without me!

I was pretty stunned because there was someone sitting next to me and she should have noticed that I wasn't there! My purse was though -- luckily, i had my wallet with me.

In the end, instead of getting to Ariel at 11:30 and heading to the spa, which was what Ariel had planned for me (first time ever!) I had to find a hitchhike to Tel Aviv, go to the Central Bus station, get my stuff, and then head back to her apartment. We had lunch, which was nice, but missed the spa.

It should just be a kaparrah, I guess (substitution for something worse that may have happened instead).

No comments: