Twitter

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gam Zu L'Tovah

I've spent the last few days looking for evening work to fill in the Demand Studios gap. And the more I look, the more I realize that Demand Studios was a complete, well, waste of time. There's plenty of work out there and it's a lot more interesting and fulfilling than writing articles like "How to clip your Boxer's toenails". Really.

I guess that before, I was just resigned to making peanuts and being treated like dirt. It's kind of like people who are abused -- you get used to it and accept it.

The kind of articles that they expected took hours of research, another hour, at least, to write up, and then your work could be rejected at the whim of their editors. I had editors who refused my work on the flimsiest of excuses (yes, i know that this isn't grammatically correct, but frankly, it's MY blog). And that was it -- your hours of work went down the drain.

My initial worry at finding new work has dissipated. I have two new job offers already (both of which will, in addition to providing interesting new work, allow me to learn new skills) and I'm developing my own business ideas.

I do have to think about this trait in myself though -- I tend to hold onto a bad situation because I'm so worried about the future. This is the second time that, only after "the axe fell" did I realize that it was truely "all for the good -- gam zu l'tovah".

Chodesh Tov y'all.

No comments: