Twitter

Sunday, July 31, 2011

New Business?

So, I've been racking my brain, trying to think about something that I can do to add to my income.

Anyway, I'm considering doing something on EBay. Maybe try to market some of the local jewelry? Set up a "Tzfat Jewelry" store and market some of the hand-made jewelry that the local artisans make. I wouldn't have to buy anything, just take pictures and, if someone is interested, buy the jewelry and ship it off (with a bit of a commission....). It could be kind of fun, help out the local craftspeople and give me something new to do that doesn't involve writing endless Internet content for websites that sell dating and other hope for the masses.

Just finished a marketing/sales course with a government-sponsored small business organization. It was so interesting, it makes me want to try to venture out on my own. BUT, I'm not a risk taker. EBay may bridge that issue. We shall see.

Lovely Shabbat meal with friends and neighbors. Even though the air conditioner didn't go on -- I HAVE to figure out how to work that timer! I bought a nice roast for Friday night since Hagai was home from the army, and the kid fell asleep before we sat down and slept through dinner. Sigh. The girls (a vegetarian and a semi-vegetarian) didn't touch it. But Saturday's lunch included a few of my better attempts, including sauteed vegetables wrapped in eggroll wraps, which I then baked (didn't fry!) -- they crisped up nicely when I put them on the Shabbat hot plate a few hours before lunch, and no one could tell that they hadn't been fried! Also my new success, sweet potatos with apples and whatever other fruit looks like it's not going to make it through the next week (peaches, necterines, etc) and a bit of brown sugar. Lots of compliments for a relatively small amount of work.

My oldest daughter gave us her camera so I'll try to illustrate a bit more.

No comments: