Twitter

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

Tomorrow is July 20th, so I'm hoping that the possibility that we'll see the heat of last summer is receding. It's hot, but not unbearable as it was last year. Nevertheless, I did go through with my plan to put in air conditioning. So I'm ready for all possibilities.

I went with a friend yesterday to the Beit Din. It was her last meeting with the Beit Din before conversion and I, as well as about six other women (and one Rabbi who she'd been studying with) accompanied her. It was so exciting to be a part of the proceedings. The rabbis were quite nice and accommodating and at the end, they told her that they'd send her a letter telling her how to proceed (the last step -- the mikveh!). Made my week.

Time to start figuring out who to invite for Shabbat. If all the catering food wasn't so expensive and full of oil, I'd get catered food sometimes.

No comments: