Twitter

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Y'all Know What

I've lived in Israel for 26 years, and for 26 years December 25th (and all the craziness leading up to it) has come and gone and I hardly notice it. If I do notice it, it's to think to myself "wow, December 25th and I hardly noticed it"

This year I'm doing evening work for an American website, writing articles. As I submit each article this last week, I've been writing to the editor who will be reading it "Merry Xmas" because chances are that the copy editor celebrates Xmas.

And I discovered that I enjoy writing that! It makes me feel like I'm enjoying their holiday vicariously, and that I can be a part of it while not being a part of it. Anyway I love where i live but I do like America too (love Americans -- when the copy editors write to me, they're always so polite and pleasant -- LOVE Americans) and get a kick out of being connected.

No comments: