Twitter

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Lights and Inspiration

Never let it be said that people are not becoming more aware of health and the environment.

Example: I went to the local bakery yesterday to buy donuts for Chanukah (a traditional Chanukah treat in Israel). This year there are baked donuts in addition to the fried ones, and the seller said that he's selling more baked donuts because people don't want to eat so much fried food.

Example: I had some pictures copied and when I went to pick them up the clerk started to give me a plastic bag to put them in. I said "I don't need a bag" because I try to do without whenever I can. "Oh, a greenie" she said. "Good for you. I try not to give them to people".

There's still a lot of work to do, but slowly people are starting to understand the importance of living with more awareness.

1 comment:

dyeve said...

I'm glad that I found this wonderful blog with interesting posts. Congratulations! You have got to share with us something nice. I Wish you a wonderful evening! smiles