Twitter

Monday, October 26, 2009

Cats

Seems to me that these days, whenever something happens everyone wants to let the world know about it.

D'ja get up on the wrong side of the bed? Twitter it.

Did you have an especially great peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch? Status update on Facebook.

Three of my kids are my friends on Facebook (I'm actually surprised that they befriended me) so I'm hesitant to do ANYTHING there, besides for work (which is what I mostly do with FB). And I've never felt comfortable tweeting. So this blog will be my forum for today's status update, which is that I am VERY ANNOYED with my cat.

Louie is, as one might guess by his name, a male. Every night Louie goes out and dukes it out verbally with the other local males. They're all too well-bred to actually fight, so they sit on my wall and wail. Loudly.

Thus, aside from my sense of duty to prevent more unwanted neighborhood kittens, I have a vested interested in getting Louie neutered. Once demasculated, he will not be competing with the other local toms for the tomisinas. And I may be able to sleep through the night.

So this morning I was pleased when Louie showed up for breakfast, which he doesn't always do. I had a vet's appointment, a borrowed car and a cage lined up, and all I had to do was to shove Louie in and get to the vet by 8:15a.m.

Or so I thought. Halfway to the car, Louie managed to open the cage door and off he went. Now I have to start the whole process over again. But I will prevail! In the meantime, Louie is still out there, balls intact.....

No comments: