Twitter

Monday, August 17, 2009

Wedding

Tomorrow is my oldest son's wedding. I've taken the week off to get ready. Most of the work involves preparing for the Shabbat after the wedding -- the bride and groom are leaving for a week away, but many guests will stay over and we'll do Shabbat together. So I've been madly cooking and freezing for weeks, and ony hope that everything works out well. I don't know if there's just so much to think about or what, but I've been sleeping A LOT lately.

Three nice young people rented my guest room for 2 nights, as a surprise -- I hadn't been expecting anyone this week. They told me that they'd be back last night at about 7:00p.m. after a day at the Kinneret, but when I went to sleep at 10:30p.m., they hadn't come back yet. So I worried -- had something happened? Were they OK? Talk about needing to get a life! But I guess that once a mother, always a mother.

As of this morning, they're back. For anyone who wondered....

Woke up this morning to find a couch pillow had gotten in a fight with Mika, and lost. Pillow stuffing was all over the floor, and Mika was laying there like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. I think that the time has come to chain her to a central spot at night -- as it is, I have to put our shoes and my hats up high before I go to sleep, and make sure that all newspapers are out of reach of her mouth. What else?

No comments: