Twitter

Monday, June 25, 2007

Impressed with meself!


I seem to be a published author!



A new web magazine, Today's Israel, has been collecting articles from us wannabe authors for about 6 months, and now, in their second issue, their "eye on Tzfat" (or whatever they call their correspondent in the boonies) has printed one of the articles that I've sent them.

Truthfully, I don't think that my article was that good, and I have to look back to see if I can find the original, to see just how much the editor fixed it up.

But it has my byline, more or less my words, my idea, and, well, i'm pretty sure that I can feel a little bit pleased with myself!

Yochi is almost finished with her matriculation exams (bagruiot) for the year. Phew -- I'm not sure whether it's harder on her or on me, since I find myself tip-toeing around her while she's pressured to study. She does well on her exams though, and was offered to do a "atudah" from the army, meaning that she would study for her BA on the army's dime, and then commit to the army for 3 years. Great way to get a degree without worrying about the tuition, but she doesn't seem to be interested, if for no other reason than she doesn't know what she wants to study. Reasonable, but it would be nice to leave the tuition worries...

Ariella is going to start a course in a few months in make-up. I hear that it's a good course, and should give her some skills to make some money and hopefully also save for further studies, something that she'll never be able to do from waitressing. I have undertaken the course tuition, 10,000 shekels, so all I can say is that Hizbollah better not start a war until I've had a good summer of renting out our guest room! If anyone reading this can have a chat with Nasrallah....

Avishai has been home for 3 days, wounded in the line of duty....he fell over in his tent last Friday night and broke a tooth. They had to take him to the dentist on Shabbat because it was so painful, and then he got to come home for 3 days. Sunday he was a dishrag, sleeping and moving slowly, but today he went to the pool and then to his girlfriend, so he's on the mend. He goes back to his base tomorrow, so I hope that there's some motherly-type there to remind him to keep taking his anti-biotics!

No comments: