Twitter

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Decisions

So, here we are. Ariella arrived last night with Lucy, her cat-killing shepard. I made it clear to her that Lucy had to be kept tied up, but it's one more barker to keep track of.

Someone in Modi'in may want Lola, at least to take care of her while we're down here. I need to call.

Margalit and Meira, the 10-year-old of the family that's staying in Hemed with us, are now fussing at each other full-time, and Margalit is threatening NOT to go to the kaitana if Meira goes. If she doesn't go away for a couple of days, I'm going to go!

One of the girls in the other families seems to have heat stroke.

We should really leave and give this family, where we've been staying, a break. They are true tzaddikim, hosting us, never complaining, always smiling...who else is going to take 3 females and 4 dogs? One of whom kills cats? (one of the dogs, I mean) And Ariella doesn't exactly dress in a way that would allow me to take her to a religious neighborhood.


Personally, I'm bored out of my mind, sick of driving everywhere, tired of trying to keep Margalit amused and happy (bowling yesterday was a big hit) and itching to do something useful. I'd like to go back to Tzfat and help...Livnot is organizing volunteers to deliver supplies to the shelters. but I can't leave Margalit.

I wake up every night and lay awake for hours, thinking....what am I going to do?

Well, I guess today we're going to go to to a local game/play area which is free for refugees, and then to the pool, for one last swim before the 9 days of Av (a period of mourning for Jews begins.) I'll start on the phone calls again tonight.

No comments: