Twitter

Friday, March 24, 2006

You learn something new....

A few days ago, at work, I saw some onions whose time had come and gone. They were rotted, and green stalks sprouted from them.

When I pointed them out, one of the girls who works at Livnot said "oh, you can plant them in the garden, and they'll grow new onions.

Since it didn't cost me much, and since I have the garden space that I cleared, which is sunnier now after I pruned the tree above it, and since I won't have much time to do much else with the space, I decided to give it a try. Hagai and I planted 7 bulbs, with the stems sticking out of the ground, and I've watered it a bit.

Today, I went to the local nursery to get some window pots and herbs/plants to plant (if they're on the porch, i figure that I won't forget to water them too much) and I asked the manager there about the onions. "Oh yes," he said "leave them there all summer, and by fall, you'll have onions!" I'm so proud of myself!

Took Lola, the stray that we've been taking care of, to a new family yesterday afternoon. By evening, she'd bolted her leash and was back in our yard. Depressed doesn't quite describe how I feel. She's a great dog, but I think that I've done my part with 2 dogs and 3 cats (not to mention the nudnik outside who yowls every time she sees me, waiting to be fed). My tikkun? If it is, it's not the worst one that could be.

Shabbat Shalom,

No comments: