Twitter

Sunday, March 26, 2006

menus

I haven't had any popcorn with brewers yeast for about a week, and sure enough, my fingernails are tearing. I figured out several months ago, when I started eating popcorn with brewers yeast, that the extra B12 is very helpful for my nails, which, for my entire life, have been soft and short. So now I have to decide what to do....use up 2 of my precious Weight Watchers points for a bag of popcorn in the morning (with brewers yeast) or forgo my nails, since I don't seem to eat anything else that b.y. goes well with. Maybe I can borrow a popcorn machine from my neighbor so I can pop it without oil. One point.

On the upside, I've lost 8 kilos in the last 2 months, so something must be working.

Did a second mamogram this morning...the first one showed "something suspicious" on it, so I had to redo it. There's still something suspicious, though it's small enough that the doctor couldn't feel it during an exam. Anyway, I'll probably have to go for some kind of biopsy soon. I take comfort in the information that most of these findings turn out to be cysts, and at my stage in life, that's when all these cysts start forming. But I really didn't need this now. Just when I think that I've got more on my plate than I can handle....something to keep life interesting. sigh.

1 comment:

TsfatMarm said...

Hey Laurie,
First off, how did you lose 8 kilo in 2 months? Inquiring alum minds want to know ;). I need to lose 10 kilos, and have no time right now for serious exercise.
Secondly, there are lots of great ways to sneak in brewer's yeast. And you should realize, that when you air pop the popcorn, the brewer's yeast doesn't stick to it! It's been one of the reasons I have stayed with all that extra oil for so many years.
So for more ideas on how to get that b.y. into your nails, check out kosher harvest's brewers yeast page. I sneak it in my kids p'titim, mashed potatoes, all the kugels, and any soup I make. If you make a soup of grated veges, the brewer's yeast really adds to the flavor, besides the nutrition. Yes, it will still be a point (there's lots of fat in brewer's yeast), but it's a really nutritional point.

Hope that helps!