Twitter

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Last day!

And as of 12:00 midnight, summer vacation is....OVER! Hurray! Yochi and Margalit return to school tomorrow, and Hagai has until Sunday, which he's pleased about, except that at some point, he'll have to make up these 2 days, and he won't be so happy then. But in the meantime, life can get back to normal, at least for a little while!

Of course, I still have a lot of work to do to get Ariella back into her school for her 12th grade. She was asked to leave at the end of last year, rightly so -- she kept leaving without permission, and the staff was simply not ready to put up with it any more. So I'm trying to work with some local people to demonstrate that she's on a different path this year, that she is, as they say, "in a different place", and hopefully....cos I don't know what I'll do if she's home all year!

I was speaking to a friend last night, whose husband committed suicide 4 years ago, leaving her with 8 children, the youngest one being a month old. This woman is so strong, and is so focused on meeting each individual child's needs -- the right school for the each child, the right words of support for each child, a different direction of parenting for each child....I may be good at this parenting business when my grandchildren come along, but in the meantime, I'm winging it.

No comments: